Sunday, December 28, 2008

Orange Jelly - HDR Image


Orange Jelly - HDR Image
Originally uploaded by Jason Means

Today's walk in the woods was just what the doctor ordered. Not only was I able to stretch my legs and get a little exercise, I was also fortunate enough to come across this interesting jelly, and able to add another bird to my life list.

This particular jelly in only about the size of a silver dollar, but glowed like it had its own power source. I spotted it from about ten feet away growing on a dead limb laying in the middle of the trail. At present, I'm tentatively identifying it as Tremella mesenterica (Witches' Butter), but will defer to more trained eyes than mine for a positive identification.

This particular shot looks a bit ghostly since it's an HDR (High Dynamic Range) image. A standard image is posted on my Flickr photostream.

I was also able to get a couple of grainy shots of a Golden-crowned Kinglet. Naturally, I would have like to have gotten a few publishable images, but sometimes you just gotta take what's given.

No comments: