Monday, September 29, 2008

An Excuse for Yard Work


Goldfinch
Originally uploaded by Jason Means

I've been a bit behind on my yard work. Well... actually, way behind is a bit more accurate. I've just had so much going on as of late, yard work has taken a back seat to several other projects.

But, yesterday I found a tremendous excuse for letting my yard slip in to the third level of gardening hell - making a bird habitat. The floundering economy has already taken a big bite out of my home value... so, why not let a few extra weeds polish off what little value is left?

This little goldfinch and several of her friends made a meal out of the weeds in my garden. After watching her munch away on some seeds, I didn't feel so bad that I had let my yard disappear beneath a blanket of weeds.

No comments: