Saturday, September 13, 2008

2008 World's Strongest Man Competition - Car Lift


2008 World's Strongest Man Competition
Originally uploaded by Jason Means

I've been known to flex a little muscle from time to time... but these guys take things to a whole new level. This guy actually strained so hard that either a blood vessel ruptured on the top of his head, or maybe a small cut reopened while he was straining during the car lift. Regardless, that is blood running down his forehead.

Before I started shooting these events at the beginning of the week, I didn't know quite what to expect. I'd seen the competitions on TV before, but never up close.

To say the least, I have a deep respect for not only how these guys train, but how they compete as well. In no other sport have I seen people who are competing actually cheering and rooting on who they're competing against. These guys put on a great competition, and have my respect on many levels. Check out more picks from today's event on my Flickr Photostream.

No comments: