Sunday, August 17, 2008

Every Picture Tells a Story


2008 Cheat Mountain Challenge - Snowshoe, WV
Originally uploaded by Jason Means

Every picture does tell a story, and this particular image from this year's Cheat Mountain Challenge is by far my favorite.

A few miles after the race started and the pack thinned out, I decided to snap off a few shots from the motorcycle. Just as I picked up my camera, the early morning sun started beaming through the trees. I took a few shots, figuring that most likely the images would be unusable - but naturally couldn't resist the opportunity with such unique lighting.

Most of the time when I'm shooting, I know I've got a good shot the instant that my shutter snaps. But, in situations such as this, it's a terrific surprise when I get home.

No comments: