Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Two Days Before the Day After Tomorrow


Barack Obama in Charleston, West Virginia
Originally uploaded by Jason Means

Well, I'm glad that Tuesday, May 13th 2008, a day that will live in infamy, has came and past. West Virginia's primary was yesterday, and the dust is finally settling on what was a very heated Democratic presidential race.

I am a Ron Paul supporter to the bone, but naturally I did throw in a vote yesterday to Barack Obama, because he needs all the help he can get in this backwards-ass state.

Naturally, the white, God fearing people of West Virginia would have nothing to do with a Negro for president, so they voted for their only alternative, Hillary Clinton. I personally don't consider Hillary Clinton more than a protest vote on the part of most here in the Mountain State, because come November, most will back McCain.

Oh how I wish I lived someplace more progressive, more.... normal. Oh how I long for something more than the elderly hillbilly welfare madness that is day-to-day West Virginia. I've made a lot of mistakes in my life, some I regret more deeply than others, but not leaving West Virginia - and staying the hell away has been one of my biggest regrets to date.

There was once a fork in the road, and I have obviously taken the wrong path. My only hope now is that the road winds back around, and that maybe, just maybe, I can have another opportunity to take the other path.

2 comments:

KH said...

Came across your photos on Flickr while looking for pics of a CJ sidecar. Really enjoyed them. My husband and I are thinking of purchasing a CJ sidecar and were looking for pics and comments. Coincidentally, our son is living in Morgantown WV at the moment. Thanks for all the pics and if you have any advise about the CJ, we'd love to hear it. kgh428@gmail.com

Jason Means said...

Not a problem - happy to field any and all questions you have about CJ's.