Wednesday, December 5, 2007

First Snow of the Year = Mass Chaos


MacCorkle Ave. Wreck - 5 Dec 2007
Originally uploaded by Jason Means

I soon as I heard my daughter cheering about snow on the front porch this morning, I just knew it was going to be one of those days. The first snow of the year hit the Kanawha Valley this morning, pooping down about two inches of wet, goopy snow.

Since water in any form relieves drivers of their ability to function, mass chaos followed. On the ten minute commute to work, I passed multiple accidents, and watched many happen right in front of me. An hour or so after getting to work, I had to go pick up my daughter since her two hour delay turned into a full day off from school. On the way back to the house, I passed this two car accident, and proceeded to snap a couple of pics.

Why, oh why, does liquid or frozen water make drivers absolute idiots.

No comments: