Friday, November 30, 2007

Ultra-Wide Lenses, Diffusers and Wet Kisses


Molly & Dhania Kiss
Originally uploaded by Jason Means

Dhania was helping me try out some new equipment this evening. I asked her to pose for me, and interact some with Molly, the overly affectionate family dog. Little did I realize that kissing chaos would follow.

I recently picked up an ultra-wide 15-30mm Sigma lens, which seems pretty awesome. This is the first chance I've had to shoot with it along my new Gary Fong WhailTail flash diffuser. The WhailTail is a really unique tool. I recently saw another photographer using one at a friends wedding, and was intrigued by its design.

I've been aching for an ultra-wide lens for ages, and I really think it's going to be a super lens for the buck. Sigma has always made good optics for the starving photographer, and I look forward to giving this lens thorough use in the field.

No comments: