Monday, October 22, 2007

A Stab at Astrophotography


Moon with Meade LX200 Telescope
Originally uploaded by Jason Means

Last night was the first attempt for my brother Steve and I to try our luck with astrophotography. Steve has had a Meade LX200 GPS telescope for several years, but last night was the first time we've actually hooked up a camera to the back of it.

I recently purchased the T-ring and camera adapter to mount my Canon EOS 10D to the scope. It was a fairly simple setup, but was still somewhat problematic due to the fact is was our first spin couple the two together.

Overall, I'm pretty pleased with the images we were able to get. We've still got a lot to learn (and more equipment to buy) to get some of the long exposure images we so desperately want. Anyhow, it's a good start.

No comments: